This has been an extremely busy week. A large number of people have contributed toward the User Requirements for Holonize. We now have a concise idea of what functionality we want to offer in Holonize vrs 1.
Our meetings have been a real eye opener. Some of the functionality we thought was obviously going to be asked for was ignored. A number of things were suggested that we would never have thought of.
This blog has been purposefully vague until now about the nature of Holonize and what we want to deliver because we didn’t want to suggest ideas that we would retract later.
Holonize is an application that will let users place 3D objects around themselves, manipulate them, share them, and give them persistence. To assist in these aims Holonize needs to provide functions for:
- Browsing an online gallery of 3D objects.
- Displaying gallery objects in virtual space.
- Move, rotate, resize and delete objects.
- Display objects privately or publicly.
- Record object position and placement for later use.
- Automatic recognition of the “location” you are in.
- A non-textual GUI for users to interact with.
The only caveat is that users must have an active internet connection.